Friday, May 7, 2010

New Adventures

Don't you love when you take on new adventures in life??!! I've always wanted to decorate cakes...not just throw some icing on them...I'm talking really decorate some cakes. The other day I found the Wilton Course handbooks ON CLEARANCE!! Clearance...my absolute FAVORITE!! Anyway, I took some time and read through the books, started practicing and tonight made my first offical cake using real decorating methods!

My niece turns four on Mother's Day...so her party is gonna be tomorrow. She asked for a Strawberry Shortcake party and I just so happened to have a Strawberry Shortcake pan from when I was little, so I volunteered to make the cake. It took a long time, but here's the final product!





I hope to make many more cakes in the future and get better and better!!
Jessica

2 comments:

Missa Taylor said...

It looks great Jess! She is going to LOVE it!

Do you have a pastry bag with all the tips to use, if not I would like to bless you with one... let me know.

Missa

Travis & Jessica said...

I do have two pastry bags and a few tips. :)