Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A first time for everything!!

So this past weekend the girls and I went to Abilene to celebrate my sister's 16th birthday with her. Wouldn't you know it....this is the one week the weather would turn really cold AGAIN and the snow and sleet would start falling. Well with all the weather they were having in Abilene, we weren't able to get a cake ordered in time for the party, so mom and I decided that we would just make a birthday cake. Thursday night we went to the store and got all our supplies and set out to make this birthday cake. Now we had made cakes before...you know the ones you make and then turn around and eat, so you aren't focusing so much on gotta decorate, make it look like a birthday cake from the store etc, etc. But this time we were going with a sheet cake and decorating it like one in the stores...well that was our mission anyway. So we make the cake then set out to ice and decoarte it. Scout had decided that she wanted a jungle/safari themed party, so when I started icing the cake I went for both a jungle and a desert theme on the cake...add some greenery, some plastic animals and BABOOM...you come out with this:




Now I haven't take a cake decorating class or have the steadiest hand, but for my first cake like this...I think it looks pretty good! What do you think??

Cake anyone??

Have a super fantastic day!!

1 comment:

Missa Taylor said...

By the way.... I love this cake.... Way to go Jess!!!! You have mad cake skills :)