Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fried Deliciousness!!!

Okay so Travis and I decided that in 2009 we would treat our bodies more like the temple of God that they are. We have gotten tons better at our eating habits and becoming more and more active. Though we are still not at the point we want to be, at least we are doing something.

Well.....last night that was all completely forgotten. You see we have this really great combo appliance, it can be a steamer, roaster and fryer and you guessed it....I opted for the fryer method last night! Oh, how I love the fried food.....so good, yet sooooo unhealthy!!! I get this stroke of genius to buy some meat for chicken fried steaks. As I'm shopping I am thinking, "this will be good, maybe we will do something baked or veggies or something for the sides, surely I've got something good at home." So, I think this thought, buy the meat and leave the store. Little did I know I did not have anything to go with the meat except potatoes. My little head got to thinking again and another stroke of genius occurs to me last night. "If I've got to heat up the fryer, why dirty any more dishes...take the potatoes, cut 'em up and make yourself some fries too!" So, that is just what I did. I fried up some potatoes into fries, then made us some delicious chicken fried steaks. Oh man....they were soooooooo yummy, but sooooo unhealthy!! The house this morning still smells of that fantastic fried food, but we have decided that we just can't do that anymore if we are going to be eating healthier.

I guess every once in a while won't hurt anything, but we really do want to cut it out altogether. We will get better and soon we will be feeling much healthier too! If you are on the journey to eat healthier or even dieting, I wish you the best of luck in all you do!!! And the willpower to stay away from all those delicious fried foods!!

Blessings!
Jessica

No comments: