Thursday, March 5, 2009

Praise & Exercise...a Great Mix!!!

Good Afternoon to all!!!

So as I said previously, Travis and I are taking 2009 to become a year where we become healthier everyday. A great way to do this is exercise, so today I decided that I would crank up the music, so the kids could be entertained while I exercised. In the process of deciding what music to turn on, I opted for 2 different DVD's. First playing was: New Life Worship--My Savior Lives DVD. We turned up the music so loud, I am positive the whole neighborhood heard it. Well, they were so happy and jumping around and clapping to the music, I thought I would join them. Soon enough I was out of breath and I could feel my heart beating fast, so I thought...this is a good idea....why workout when I can just dance around the livingroom with the kids dancing and claping and singing. Well, the time came that the slow worship music started and the kids were beginning to lose interest, so instead of restarting the DVD I put in another one. This time it was: Hillsong-This is Our God. Now Haley & Emily know the words to most of these songs, so there we all were dancing, clapping, spinning, jumping and singing in the livingroom with the DVD blaring through the TV. We had such a good time I have decided that this is the best workout yet! Not only do the kids have fun, I have fun too, and we are all praising God with everything we have!!!

I feel like I have done as much exercise just worshipping as I would normally do in a typical workout. So next time you are ready for a change, crank up some good music, dance, jump and just spend some time praising God. You might be amazed at how good you feel physically and spiritually once you are done!! We see throughout scripture that dancing and praising were a part of people's lives, so maybe it is time we all get back to dancing and praising our God. May we become undignified in the eyes of the world, just to draw closer to God....He's the one that matters most anyway!!

Have a great Thursday!!!
Jessica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! So much for the excuse that you can't work out because of the kids, right?